We receive regular reports of phone scammers pretending to be from Microsoft calling local numbers.
“Microsoft informs us you have problems with your computer” is the usual spiel. They will probably call you several times. It is all a scam to get you to pay for useless “support”.
- Let them connect to your computer via Teamviewer or any other means
- Follow any of their instructions, including typing in commands
- Visit any website to pay them any money or give your bank details
- Put the phone down on them
- Give us a call if you want reassurance your computer is ok
- Feel free to play dumb and waste as much of their time as possible. The more time they’re wasting with you, the less time they have to try scamming someone else